Mal's Teaching Schedule
Cultivating the Heart.
A course of workshops training in mindfulness, kindness, compassion, joy and peace
Over 8 Saturdays in February, March, April and May 2017
Facilitated by Malcolm Huxter Clinical Psychologist
Venue: Byron Bay, NSW
Collectively these workshops will aim to enable participants to:
• Understand and practice insight and serenity meditation
• Understand and practice mindfulness, loving kindness, compassion, appreciative joy and equanimity as meditation practices as well as ways of being in daily life
• Understand and practice ways to heal and transform destructive thoughts, emotions, and psychological patterns to awakened, insightful and serene ways of well-being
• Balance emotions
• Engage in practices that incline towards genuine happiness and away from reactive habits that lead to misery
• Enhance sublime relationships with oneself and others
• Approach difficult relationships with self and other using warm friendliness, compassion and equanimity
• Cultivate appreciation and gratitude
These workshops are suitable for anyone, lay or professional, who aspires towards the above aims. Though experience in meditation will be an advantage it is not necessary for Workshop 1 & 2. Previous experience with meditation is a requirement for workshop 3 & 4. The workshops would be helpful as professional development opportunities for therapists, educators and programme leaders. Medicare rebates are possible for up to 10 sessions for some individuals on GP’s Mental Health Care Plans.
Download flyer here (700kb pdf)
Download Information Sheet here (70kb MSWord.doc)
For more detailed information and registration forms contact Mal Huxter malhuxter(at)gmail.com
Cultivating mindfulness and the heart qualities
Fri 24th Feb, Sat 25th, Sun 26th February 2017
Facilitator: Mal Huxter, Clinical Psychologist
Venue: The Relaxation Centre Brisbane
Talk: Cultivating mindfulness, loving-kindness, compassion, appreciative joy and equanimity.
The talk will involves an overview of mindfulness and the four heart qualities and how their cultivation leads to the transformation of suffering to wellbeing, peace and genuine happiness. It will involve a power point presentation and be followed by a short meditation practice with an opportunity for questions and discussion.
Weekend workshop/urban retreat
Saturday 25/2/17 focusing on mindfulness and equanimity
Sunday 26/2/17 focusing on compassion, loving kindness and appreciative joy.
The workshop /urban retreat will provide basic guidance in and the opportunity to practice mindfulness, equanimity, compassion, loving kindness (metta) and appreciative joy as meditations. The workshop/urban retreat will involve small and large group interactive discussion, reflection, experiential exercises sometimes in pairs, mindful movement, guidance and periods of meditative silence.
Download flyer here (150kb MSWord.doc)
To book into the talk please follow this link:
To book into the workshop-urban retreat at the Relaxation Centre Brisbane, please follow this link: